we touch the future
· Since the 20th century, the world has lost around 60% of its wetlands. We can protect and restore water-related ecosystems.
· Water demand is projected to grow by 55% by 2050.
· By 2050, 75% of the world’s population will live in cities and their rapid growth is putting enormous pressure on resources and quality of life.
· Over the past 40 years the world’s population has doubled and use of water has quadrupled.
· Globally, water scarcity affects 4 out of every 10 people. One-fifth of the world’s population live in areas of water scarcity.
· 75% of our denim fabric will be self-cleaning. UV will replace water in our fabric care.
· For every $1 invested in water and sanitation, an average of $4 is returned in increased productivity.
· 80% of wastewater flows back into the environment without being treated or reused. We can treat and reuse wastewater
I N D I G O F L O W
the cleanest and most sustainable method of indigo dyeing possible is a clean label process and ORTA’s standard since SS19.
· Our goal is to use 100% Indigo Flow in dyeing process which saves 55% water during production and we aim to reduce all of our water consumption by %50.
· We aim to go plastic free in our mills / headquarters and showrooms such as removing the use of plastic water bottles and replacing them with the renewable materials.
· We encourage and train our colleagues about efficient water use in their daily lives.
· 75% of our denim fabric will be self cleaning. UV will replace water in our fabric care.
WATER – AMSTERDAM EVENT
The first event celebrating our handprint mission was held on April 18th, 2018, in Amsterdam. The main theme of the event was water – the very precious, beautiful and limited natural source our planet provides us. At ORTA, less water usage and more gentle processing is achieved with Indigo Flow becoming our standard dyeing technique. Indigo Flow being the cleanest and most sustainable method of indigo dyeing possible, is a step forward in our aim to create more robust ecosystem. We do and will always continue to respect and appreciate water as a precious resource, hence the event was not only the celebrating the sustainable future we will build together but also showcasing ORTA’s future commitments regarding water and the beautiful art installation made exclusively for the anniversary, curated by Wonder & Water in our Kayseri mill.