I don’t know about you, but every now-and-then, I get in a creative, crafty mood that I just can’t shake. It usually happens on particularly dreary days, or when I feel utterly and totally broke. I know we can’t all afford to bolster our denim wardrobes with premium denim that also happens to be super trendy, distressed, or the like. I also happen to think that the best cut-off shorts are the ones that come from your favorite old pair of jeans.
On that note, here are 7 really fun (and varyingly difficult) DIY projects to try with your jeans!
1. This one is an oldy but a goody. Back in 2009 (!!!) Glamour.com did a denim DIY video series with Paul Dillinger of Martin + Osa. The three projects (distressed holes, vintage dying with tea and whiskering with sand paper) are not the most expertly filmed but they are so easy, I felt instantly inspired to go home and try it myself.
3. With summer coming up (slowly but surely), it might be time to turn some of your ready-to-be-retired jeans (bootcut, anyone?) into denim shorts. Refinery29 has you covered with three different cut off shorts DIYs. From cuffed to short-alls, there’s an easy version to suit your style.
5. This one is a personal favorite, and not just because I love Jenni of I Spy DIY. Check out this post where she gives an amazing break down of how to re-create a Kanye West-inspired ombre denim shirt. Seriously too cool.
6. If you’ve got a pair of jeans you no longer care to wear at all, why not use them to reupholster a chair?
7. If you’re quite talented and have a fair amount of time on your hands, try this insane denim painting DIY from TeenVogue and the designers behind the denim label, Ksubi.
For a crazy amount of inspiration for more denim DIY projects, check out this Pinterest page! Sure, some of it is a little kitchy, but hey, something could inspire you!
Have you ever done your own denim DIY project? Perhaps you have one to share that I haven’t listed here? Please share in the comments below!
(Source: www.eatsleepdenim.com )