we touch the future
· An estimated 15 trillion watts of power are being used across our planet at one time – equivalent of powering ten billion 100-watt light bulbs at the same time.
· One hour’s worth of energy from the sun could power the Earth for a year.
· Demand for energy – for heat, light, power and transportation – is increasing rapidly. The world will need 60% more energy in 2030 compared to 2020.
· Nearly 70% of the world population will live in cities by 2050, up from 55% today. Cities cover 2% of the planets land but account for 70% of the total greenhouse gas emissions.
· Energy accounts for 2% of global water demand. Hydropower supplies about 20% of the world’s electricity, a share that has remained stable since 1990s.
· The world currently has at least 500 million hectares of agriculturally abandoned land that serves no fruitful purpose. If these lands were used to generate biofuels, the resulting harvest could replace 13% of the world’s petroleum consumption and 19% of its electricity needs.
· Water is needed for the production of energy of all types, so expansion of energy supply will affect water resources. Also, the increase in the production of bioenergy has potentially important impacts on water quality and availability.
E N E R G Y P O S I T I V E
Our handprint commitment to mindful practices of managing, harvesting, sharing and renewing energy’s potential in everything we do.
Together, we can work towards an Energy Positive Effect.
· ORTA is defining energy positive practices: Our handprint commitment to mindful practices of managing, harvesting, sharing and renewing energy’s potential in everything we do. Together, we can work towards an Energy Positive Effect.
· ORTA is achieving our vision to give more than we take. We utilize more energy efficient practices in every part of our mills and headquarters. We are participating in local energy sharing and renewable networks, contributing towards a brighter future.
· ORTA has an internal team dedicated to energy management system with a policy, targets & projects since 2015, integrating energy management in all actions. The practices of the energy management team helped save 11,7 GWh energy between 2015 to 2016 and prevented the emission of 3434 tonnes of Greenhouse gases.
· ORTA has given +4000 hours of employee training on Energy Efficiency Awareness in the last 2 years.
· ORTA has partnerships with the General Directorate of Renewable Energy in Turkey, UNIDO (UN Industrial Development Organization) & UNDP (UN Development Programme) to increase energy efficiency in the industry.
· We aim to reduce our energy consumption by 10% and work towards becoming an energy positive company.
· We aim to reduce our heat energy consumption by 20%.
· We aim to reduce our electricity consumption by 10%.
· We aim to improve energy performance by prioritizing energy efficient products & services in all our business processes including investments, procurement and support design activities.
· We aim to continue to reduce our greenhouse gas emission.
ENERGY – LOS ANGELES EVENT
WE TOUCH THE FUTURE is a nod to our 65 years of heritage, reflecting our present and embracing the sustainable future.
At ORTA we believe in the power of collaborations. Together, we can work towards an Energy Positive Future.
In this energy-intensive industry, ORTA will provide a sustainable future by reducing energy consumption through our handprint mission as we continue to utilize and expand more energy efficient practices in every part of our mills and headquarters and define Energy Positive practices of managing, harvesting, sharing and renewing energy.
During the event held on June 21st 2018 in LA, ORTA shared its future commitments regarding energy with the guests and exhibit another beautiful art installation, by Loop.ph. The inspiration behind the art piece – a denim dome that guests can walk through and immerse themselves in it with layered, ephemeral and spatial projections – was energy as an experience and interaction among people.